With less than a month to go until HB1237 becomes effective, is your association prepared? Use the checklist below to ensure you are in compliance and prepared for 2013:
□ Have you revised your Inspection of Records Policy?
- Does it identify what records are available for owner inspection?
- Does it identify what records are not available for owner inspection?
- Does it identify whether those records defined as “discretionary” will be available for owner inspection?
- Does it no longer require that owners show a proper purpose before inspecting records?
□ Has your Inspection of Records Policy been adopted pursuant to your Adoption Policy?
□ Has your board addressed how it will keep and manage emails that relate to action taken outside of a meeting, which are subject to inspection?
□ Have you updated your Collection Policy recently?
- Does it include the obligation of owners to pay management company tracking fees?
- Does it make sure that late fees and interest do not exceed 45% of the underlying assessment?
- Does it provide guidelines for the form of communication with owners?
- Does it provide for owner consent to obtain credit reports?
- Does it reflect what you are actually doing with delinquent accounts?
□ Have you updated your Covenant Enforcement Policy recently?
- Does it address the process and fines for discrete, repetitive violations?
- Does it reflect how you are actually handling violations?
□ Have you updated your Conduct of Meetings Policy recently?
- Does it address actions outside of a meeting?
- Does it identify the proper purposes for executive sessions?
□ Have you updated your other policies since they were originally adopted to reflect changes to the law?